• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D44 question

I see no reason why not. I'm pretty sure you can buy axles that have both sets of holes in them so you should be able to do it to yours yourself.

well I have a D44 with 5 on 5.5 But I wanted to stick with my 5on4.5 wheels. I'm not upgrading the front as of yet. But I've decided to just get D44 shafts with 5 on 4.5

Not sure where you got a D44 rear with a factory 5x5.5, but yes. the bolt circle is smaller for 5x4.5 so the flange should easily accept the smaller circle.
However you will need to replace or also redrill the brake drums.
Check into a set of superior 4340 shafts for the D-44. They offer some with with dual bolt circles. Gets you a stronger shaft. Maybe a bit more than the redrilling will cost, but worth it.

Also an option. But having the front wider than the rear is better for turning radius. And a set of spacers/converters will cost as much as the machining.

DaffyXJ said:
Not sure where you got a D44 rear with a factory 5x5.5, but yes. the bolt circle is smaller for 5x4.5 so the flange should easily accept the smaller circle.
However you will need to replace or also redrill the brake drums.
Check into a set of superior 4340 shafts for the D-44. They offer some with with dual bolt circles. Gets you a stronger shaft. Maybe a bit more than the redrilling will cost, but worth it.

CJ 44 is 5 on 5.5"

Back