• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

flex ramp plans

Use the neighbors Civic:D

mobbthatjeep said:
im goin to build a flex ramp ive seen some people call them rci ramps or somthing?
does anyone have good pics of some or plans for any?

I have some good blueprints. Let me find 'em.

ahh here it is.
The perfect RTI ramp.

untitled.gif

fdsa487 said:
I have some good blueprints. Let me find 'em.

ahh here it is.
The perfect RTI ramp.
arnt you red yet?? no? why not?? quit flameing, i dont see you building any thing you and your buddys can use after you finish a lift

RTI = "Ramp Travel Index."

I don't have any plans handy, but I'm wanting to think that all it is is a sturty ramp with a 20-degree slope, about 4-5' high at the high end.

If you paid attention in middle school Trig, you should be able to work out plans.

Design load should be about two tonnes - which is a bit of overkill, but should keep the thing from collapsing under the weight of a modified rig. If you plan to RTI full-size trucks, then design for a working load of about 7000#. Overkill in engineering is not a bad thing, properly applied and used...

If you Google RTI ramps, you should be able to confirm that angle, then apply some basic trig (damn thing's a right triangle anyhow...) to get your measurements.

5-90

(Just did a little checking of my own - a typical RTI ramp is 20*, and a "high-flex vehicle" RTI ramp is 23*. Break out your trig tables to get the rest of what you need - I've given you enough information already...)

Last edited:
Yes, 'Ramp Travel Index' Ramp.

If you search yahoo there are a few sites out there with instructions on how to build one.

*EDIT* Dang, I think 5-90 and I were separated at birth. :laugh3:

Kurt04 said:
Yes, 'Ramp Travel Index' Ramp.

If you search yahoo there are a few sites out there with instructions on how to build one.

*EDIT* Dang, I think 5-90 and I were separated at birth. :laugh3:

Somehow, I get that a lot. You're not Scottish, are you? :cheers:

5-90

Hit up the local boat ramp and put a tire on the side concrete and cruise on down... Stop when you lift a tire up... Or, my favorite, is the loading ramps in the industrial parks...

Back