• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WJ Rear Seats In XJ

RSchurig356

NAXJA Forum User
I have searched all over and still have not been able to find a write-up of someone putting WJ rear seats in an XJ. There is a bunch about front seats and nothing about rears.

I was wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks to mounting them correctly. Some pictures would also help out big time. I have a 2000 XJ Classic and the rear seat is from a 2002 WJ Laredo. I am mostly wondering how to mount the seat backs. My problem is deciding if I need to drill holes or if there is another way to attach them. Some help would be great.

Ryan

yea they deffinatly require some work to make them fit in the rears anything but a direct bolt in

heres a vague notso howto...just pics but they are WJ seats
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=986536&highlight=seat

Yeah, the "not-so-how-to" is my fault -- sorry. I may be tearing them out tomorrow and trying to move them back a few inches, because where they intuitively fit, you lose about 3" of rear leg room, and as we all know XJ's are a bit short on rear leg room to begin with. They actually do "bolt in"... after you drill a few holes. Really an easy install. I'll likely update my thread if I succeed in getting them shifted back a bit! ;)

I was going to do the WJ seats up front but then saw the hassle and found some XJ leathers to throw in instead. They're a lot more comfortable than the crap high backs I'm trying to get rid of.

my thread linked above is now updated with photos and the like -- HTH!:sunshine:

Back