• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gojeep restrictor does it work

cj11

NAXJA Forum User
My jeep runs about 210+ I would like it run a little cooler. Has any one tried the restrictor that gojeep has done I saw one other thread where it melted and went into the radiator I guess it can be made out of aluminum if need be but my main question is will it lower the temp. I would like to make it out of my wifes cutting board.

1) will that not piss off your wife?

2) It should, I have used it before, just not on a jeep. Have you serviced the system at all recently? Any reason to suspect a clogged thermo or a failing WP? This is an Item I lump into the "Everything is new and I still overheat" category. I am not saying do not use it, but I would verify the maintenance on the rest of the system first.

ok so instead of trying to do a band aid fix. Find out why it is getting to that temp. thermostat, water pump, soft/squishy hoses(can collapse under pressure), clogged radiator, system needs a clean/flush, needs new radiator cap, wrong coolant mix ratio, etc. These are just some ideas that come to mind

I have a new 180* thermostat new coolant flushed the radiator, hoses seem fine water pump pumps. I think i need a new radiator It had a leak a couple of months ago used that silver powder only half the container though. I dont have the coin right now for the new rad may be in a couple of months. So i thought i would try this. It seems a lot of rigs run around 210*

Factory Electric fan doesn't come on until 220(if AC is off) so I would say 210 is just fine. Mine runs 200-210 99% of time time. It will get to 220 when wheeling but the fan knocks it right back down.

xWhatever
210 is perfect for the 4.0
Mine runs 5 degrees up or down depending on conditions - always has (except when my thermostat failed OPEN in the middle of winter... no heat driving around at -15 degrees..)
If it consistently runs hotter, then start looking for problems
but right now your 4.0 is running about optimum

Mine runs at a constant 210. All the time. Takes about 2-3 minutes to warm up and stays there. When I'm offroading, hardcore dogging it (aka traffic), or doing any spirited driving, it might hit 215 tops. Then the e-fan kicks in, and brings it right back down to 210.

Same here with the 210*, it's perfectly normal on these. It's probably why Jeep put the 210 mark right in the middle of the gauge in the first place.
For example, if the gauge just had "C" and "H" marks like most cars, you probably would not question the temp if it stayed in the middle. I'd only worry if it goes above 220* or so.

Back