• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Obama and gun control

RichP

NAXJA Forum User
Well, he signed the gun control bill that was tagged on the credit card bill. I'm very happy he did not make a big deal out of it. Next one is all 50 states recognizing CCW from ANY other state whether they have a CCW or not.

Maybe people will stop panic buying of ammo now...

What gun control bill was tagged on? I knew about a concealed carry in parks section...but nothing with 'gun control'.

Yah, I posted it in another thread that got hyjacked. I don't believe CCW was involved, but it certainly does give you the right to carry a rifle or pistol in a National Park or Nature Preserve. It was a Sen from OK that tagged it on. Yah the Dems were furious, but they wanted their precious CC bill to pass. Nice turn about!

-Ron

Yah, I posted it in another thread that got hyjacked. I don't believe CCW was involved, but it certainly does give you the right to carry a rifle or pistol in a National Park or Nature Preserve. It was a Sen from OK that tagged it on. Yah the Dems were furious, but they wanted their precious CC bill to pass. Nice turn about!

-Ron

The best part about it is if you have a CCW you can carry CCW in the parks now.

Don't carry until Feb of '10 as the bill does not go into effect until then.

See section 3 here http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h111-627

Also it's worth noting that the Park Carry amendment tacked onto the Credit Card bill is better than the policy that went into effect in Jan and was reversed by a Fed judge as it does not limit one to carrying concealed as the original rule change did.
As of Feb of '10 permit holders will be able to carry open or concealed in National Parks and Wildlife Refuges.

It was also interesting that the house took a separate vote on the Park carry amendment and that it passed by a wide margin. It looks like there are a lot of Democrats in the House who are looking to keep their jobs come 2010.

Last edited:
I know they voted the amendments separate so that people could be on record as having been against it, but do you have the numbers handy as to how many voted for it.

I'm having an issue finding the .gov site I was on last nigt, but I did jot down the numbers to text to a friend:
The bill as a whole passed 361-64

The Park Carry amendment passed 279-147

I'll keep looking for the site I pulled the numbers from, it's where they show how everyone votes.

Last edited:
Don't be fooled by his signature on this Bill. It was too good an opportunity to again stick it to those who pay their bills in favor of those who can't be bothered. Those of us unfortunate enough to have ties keeping us in Illinois will never get CCW because of evil Chicago dems like Obama. He's waiting for his opportunity to sign onto a treaty that will effectively eliminate the right of individuals to keep and bear arms entirely.

does that mean that ONLY permit holders can open carry in parks?

I'm really not sure. Might pose that question over on http://opencarry.org/ or somewhere with those more knowledgeable than me.

Common sense would say that those who live in "traditional" open carry states, that is those that don't require a permit to open carry, should be able to do the same in Nat Parks in their states.

Unfortunately, common sense is to politics what 54 inch Boggers are to a D35. They don't work well together.

Maybe people will stop panic buying of ammo now...

so what ur saying is i shouldnt of bought the 450 rounds of .40 cal S&W when i had the opportunity tonight? or the 700 rounds of bird shot +10 rds of OO buck shot... or the 500-550 rounds of .17 hmr... or 1000 rounds of .22 LR?? i scored it at the local walmart before the vultures get to it tomorrow morning...

by all means im done buying but i really couldnt pass up 300 rounds of 40 cal for 81 dollars(about 13 dollars a box of 50 of blazer brass)... or 20 dollar bulk boxes of a 100 rds of 7.5 shot bird shot

Back