• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

One problem turns into another..

sofo259

NAXJA Forum User
Heres the story, last wednesday driving down the road my jeep just cuts off out of no where, find out the crank sensor wiring was laying up against the manifold and melted through, replaced that and it wouldn't start, actually the injectors were not firing. Thought I might have fried my PCM, So I got another one, and it started right up. To sum it up, water and mud was in the PCM plug causing a short. Got that fixed, and tried to drive it..
note, it sat one week at my work.

When it is in drive it will idle, give it gas above 1k rpms it dies. In reverse it will drive just fine so I don't think the torque convertor is locked up, and the tranny fluid is good. It does this with either PCM installed. Other than that everything seems to be good, it will rev up, and idle smooth as can be.

Today I hooked my scanner up to the engine and got no codes, hooked up to the trans and still no codes. I'm thinking a solenoid in the trans went out but just aint positive.

Help me out guys Im so sick of driving a friends jeep, and need mine back on the road.

Today I checked my solenoids, all 3 are good, and show 11-15ohms. I also pulled off my NSS, took it apart and it was full of dirt and crap so i cleaned it out put it back on. Still does the same thing.

Tomorrow I'm gonna pull my crank sensor back off, clean up where it sits, and stuff, maybe it isnt reading right, and when its in drive stuff goes haywire

Wish me luck, cause I havent drove it in 2 weeks now.. Guess cause Ima cheap arse and aint about to pay someone to fix it for me...

Could the TPS be full of dirt and crap? Don't pay anyone else to F it up. Do it yourself. How else will you learn?

Its not, I've played with it a bit too with no changes in the problem, and I've cleaned most of the plugs out.. Tomorrow I'm also gonna pull all the plugs around the relay box and clean them out and throw some dialectric grease in there, cause something keeps on telling me its a bad connection or a bad ground somewhere..

Thats right! I swear when I start school at UTI the only thing I'm gonna learn is to cut fenders lol

Back