• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can anyone local help me out??

89cherokeexj

NAXJA Forum User
I want to make my doors on my 91 2-door removable. I have seen thread after thread on doing it, but I would like someone to just give me a hand with it, hoping someone has already done it. Let me know..thanks!NAXJA

I havent done it, but I want do it to mine. If someone who has done it helps you out I could probably swing by to watch and lend a hand.

Ok dude..sweet. I really want to do it, and Im pretty sure I can do it..I just rather have someone there who has done it, or knows how to do it.

If I had done it, I would know how to do it, but since I havent done it, I dont know how to do it, but if I ever do do it, I will know how to do it, and then I can help you do it, if you already havent done it. :)

If I had done it, I would know how to do it, but since I havent done it, I dont know how to do it, but if I ever do do it, I will know how to do it, and then I can help you do it, if you already havent done it. :)

ha! you said do do...

Scott Mcneal Has done it, If asked nicely I am sure he will tell you the in's and out's. I know he had to remount the window controller. (power)

Ok dennis, that would help a lot. I really want to do it, especially because its in the mid to high 90's lately..

Dennis, you gonna be in town? If so we gotta have a beer together :cheers:

John, no I will not be in your area, we are going camping and wheeling this weeked up in this area.

I still cannot drink alcohol yet, you know the dome problem that I am having.

When I can I am going to have a leep meet and drink and all are invited.

Talk to you soon

Once you figure it out, you want a second set of doors to make half doors?

I picked a set up, before abandoning the two door project. I think the guy buying the two door won't want them.

Pete and I made the doors on my 92 MJ removable. You can see in the lower right picture how you have to cut part of the hinge off.

On one side (left or right, I can't remember), you have to knock the pin out because it goes in from the bottom, then flip it so that it points downward. If that makes any sense at all.

IMG_0002.jpg

cal- thatd be cool, only if I had a way to get them!

On my 91, maybe it is an optical illusion or something, but it dont look like a pin, it looks more like a hollow piece of thin steel shaped into a circle :doh:
I'm really interested in getting these doors of though, someones got to be close and have done it before:dunno:

That is the pin. Its called a "Roll Pin".

I'm not in a hurry on the doors if you can get them or get someone to get them in a couple of weeks.

I can train the doors up to you.... but no garuntees you"ll get them... :D

John, no I will not be in your area, we are going camping and wheeling this weeked up in this area.

I still cannot drink alcohol yet, you know the dome problem that I am having.

When I can I am going to have a leep meet and drink and all are invited.

Talk to you soon

The doctor still hasnt found you a replacement head?

sounds good tim! let me know :peace:

Just got done making the doors removable, anyone who is thinking about doing it..DO IT!! It is pretty simple. Only took me about 2 hours to do both doors. Ofcourse the passenger door was easier, after already doing it once..so again pretty simple and it is sweet driving around with no doors : )

what about side mirrors?

and pictures wouldnt hurt either!

Back