• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

High steer problems.

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
When I ran the D44 with high steer I had problems with the xj drop pitman arm being too short and loosing turning radius. Research indicates SJ arm to be ideal. I think some of you are runnign this arm. I have one and it works but the castle nut contacts the lip of the frame that bends down. I have located a new, read expensive $$$$, CJ drop pitman arm for the 72-75 that is the same bolt hole to bolt hole. Question is are there any other known arms that will work that are cheaper? The CJ arm has a bolt hole to bolt hole distance of 6".

Im using one from an older Ford F150. It is the same length as my high steer arms and bolts right up to the gearbox. It fits the 1 ton steering kit from Ballistic Fabrications but it does not have any drop to it, its just a flat pitman arm. I just searched the junkyard for arms that were laying on the ground and found one that works for me. I know that the wagoneer pitman arm fits the gearbox and has about 6 - 7" lenght but again no drop, its flat.

Back