• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rust's fiberglass flares?

dgrigorenko

NAXJA Forum User
Pretty sure those are hanneman's. I think Rusty's resells them as well as Ajax / Trailer Products fenders.

As for fitment, they will bolt up, but will have the chamfer for the older body style. Not really all that noticeable... I mean it's glass anyway. But the only company making 97+ glass is Trailer products. Check them out, Tony (TCM GLX) had them on his Jeep.

Pretty sure those are hanneman's. I think Rusty's resells them as well as Ajax / Trailer Products fenders.

As for fitment, they will bolt up, but will have the chamfer for the older body style. Not really all that noticeable... I mean it's glass anyway. But the only company making 97+ glass is Trailer products. Check them out, Tony (TCM GLX) had them on his Jeep.

cool i will look them up. thanks

g

Stupid fender question for you guys. Anyone make a steel fender that looks like these?

I love the look, but know that I'll probably crack and destroy glass fenders on rocks.

steel fenders like these would prolly be really heavy... and if they are made out of sheet metal they would just bend and dent lol

bends and dents can be pounded out ith a hammer though...:D I've oft thought the same, I like fiberglass for tire coverage and looks, but I also play in the rocks and run trails. I haven't hit my fenders yet, but they're also stock...

What he said! :yelclap:

bends and dents can be pounded out ith a hammer though...:D I've oft thought the same, I like fiberglass for tire coverage and looks, but I also play in the rocks and run trails. I haven't hit my fenders yet, but they're also stock...

With the wider wheel arc you would have way more steel and not anymore support. It would be a less rigid heavier design. Why not just run fiberglass ones and...A change them before you go on a wheeling trip...B carry a drill and some zip-ties to"stich" it back together.

With the wider wheel arc you would have way more steel and not anymore support. It would be a less rigid heavier design. Why not just run fiberglass ones and...A change them before you go on a wheeling trip...B carry a drill and some zip-ties to"stich" it back together.

A. Too much work
B. Now I have to buy new fenders when I get home.

I guess I'll stick with stock fenders.

A. Too much work
B. Now I have to buy new fenders when I get home.

I guess I'll stick with stock fenders.

Working with fiberglass is easier then installing a lift so I guess we will add...
C. Your jeep is still stock height so you never made it to the trail because you go stuck at the rutted out cattle guard at the start of the dirt road.:woohoo:

Working with fiberglass is easier then installing a lift so I guess we will add...
C. Your jeep is still stock height so you never made it to the trail because you go stuck at the rutted out cattle guard at the start of the dirt road.:woohoo:

Just because its easier than installing a lift doesn't mean I want to do it every time I go wheeling.

At some point I'll just build/buy some tube fenders to extend my tire coverage while having a rock proof fender. :)

my cousin has the rustys fiberglass and flare it looks ok but its not gna last on tight trails, its good for the desert if you arent going to hit anything but hes a poser its a street jeep. waste of money unless you have 37's and a 4'' lift

Back