• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELP!?

TXSizedJeep

NAXJA Forum User
im in the process of flushing my coolant...well im trying to get to that at least.
While removing the petcock on the lower left hand side of the radiator...the p.o.s. plastic plug broke! i dont know what to do now..i cant get the damn thing out...anyone else have this problem or am i just a complete idiot?
any good ideas for getting it out and replacing it??

thanks

this is an old thread, but I just ran into the same POS plastic petcock. I got it out far enough to drain, but when I was putting it back in the stupid plastic tab broke with it about 90% in. Now, I can't get enough bite to get it out or in! Any ideas? BTW, what in the world was Jeep thinking with that placement?!

you could try using a drill or dremel tool and score a place to put a flathead screwdriver just to get it back out again. or if there's enough sticking out, you could pinch it with vice grips.

as far as why they put the plug there, having the coolant come out the side seems to go well with the rest of the poor thinking that resulted in a radiator that does not effectively cool the engine, uses a crappy plastic bottle to hold pressure and requires removing the grill to drain.

Back