• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Overhead Console

I put a 98 console in my '01 and the wiring was the same color and function, but the plugs were different, so I have to swap my connectors with the harness from the '98. There are a couple of good write-ups here on the console wiring.

yep, those are even better... I heard there is a 97+ at a local JY... Looking forward to poaching it this weekend!

If your willing to go the extra mile for the trip functions you can cobble together a 100% working console from a ZJ console, ZJ BCM, and a minivan console(minivan console is the exact same as the XJ console, but with a different computer)

this post highlights the details:
http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=949746&highlight=installing+Zj+overhead+console

Well then you will have those. IMO the trip and gas mileage functions are pretty neat. Personally I wouldn't bother with one of those older units.
The trip computer works in the 98 that I swapped in my 01, mileage estimates are close but the distance to empty has never been even close.

Back