• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

It's here, it's here! My Winch mount is here!

OK, so y'all probably arn't as excited as I am, but, I just got a message from my gf that "There's a really big, heavy box on the porch. It says Detours on it..."

I can't wait to get home and open the box! I spoke to Mark @ Detours and he customized a Backbone System to accept my Warn 8274. All I have to do is paint and install it. Too bad we're still moving or else I'd paint and install this over the weekend.

If I can figure out how to post pics, I'll do so this evening or tomorrow.

Eric

LOL Nah, it got whisked away into the garage pretty quick. I did take a few pictures of the unit, and will try to figure out how to get those online today.

Mark @ Detours did a really nice job with the unit and included good hardware with it too. The Jeeps front end has a very minor tweak to it, but I'm hoping it's just cosmetic and not structural.

Back to moving!

Eric

OK, lets see if this works:

(Edited to remove old info)
Eric

Last edited:
Here is another shot from the painting process. I hung it in the back of my trailer so I had access to all sides but still managed to miss some major real estate. :dunno: So later I re-hung it from the other side and coated everything, then applied the finish coat to even things out. I used Duplicolor Spray Bomb Truck Bed Liner per suggestion from Mike @ Detours, and, it looks excellent. So excellent in fact, I may strip the moulding off the XJ and update the 2-tone paint, coating the rock sliders in the process. I think that might look slick.

Eric

Have done many a winching and extraction with mine. It also gussets the steering box area pretty nicely. This is a great entry level winch system that helped me get a winch on my Jeep without too much expense. The one thing missing is the bumper protection at the edge. Congrats.

Back