• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what should i do? use xj leafs or s10 leafs for my bastard pack?

blazinjames

NAXJA Forum User
so i am making a bastard pack becuase im broke but need to lift my rear end around 3inches. i have a choice between getting s10 leafs or xj leafs. the s10 leafs i have to pay for and the cherokee ones i can get for free..

ive searched but couldnt find any info on the differences on using both..

so im looking for some advice on what i should do..

im looking to build a pack that will give me 3inches, at least the same amount of flex as stock and ride quailty or better

Thanks

James

well i used xj leaves, but the s10s will give you a little different ride, if it were me, get both and make a pack first with the xj's and if you dont get enough lift or dont like the ride, put in/mix n match... i am running the main and 2nd leaf of a donor xj leaf on top of a 2" shackle and got around 4" lift
good luck

i dont know if its an option for ya but i have read that Dakota leafs are the same rate as the XJ so it would be the same ride quality as stock and still lift it

i would do what flyingbrick said and get the free XJ and see if you get enough lift if not go s10 or dakota

I used XJ main combined with the entire S-10 pack minus overload and it netted me a hair over 4". The ride is great. Not too stiff and it flexes very well. Maybe pulling one of the lower springs from the S-10 pack would drop it about an inch. It's really an experiment if you're looking for an exact amount of lift other than roughly 4".

I used the XJ pack on my DD and it rides good. I only used another pack mated to the main leaf (so I used 2 main leafs per side) and got around 2.5" lift. So if you mix and match you should easily get up to 4" lift and a decent ride.

Back