• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

alittle helpfrom the wiring gurus

rockhounds4x4

NAXJA Forum User
the project is this

transplanting the wiring harness from a 2000 xj into my 98 in order to facilitate swapping an aw4 into the heep, I have all the computers etc. the wiring for tranny computer does not exist on my 98 so i needed the new harness with that leg that feeds the info to the tcu, i will be using the computer from the 2000 also.

everything appears to be a direct bolt in except the wring into the back of the a/c compressor is a two wire on the 98 and a 4 wire on the harness from the 2000

does anyone know if I can just use the necessary wires from the 2000 harness and splice in my plug or do i have to change out the a/c compressor

you definitly DONT have to swap compressors all it takes to operate the compressor clutch like any other 12 load is 12v and ground. so yes figure out which wires and splice away

cool, that was the way I was leaning but the four wires threw me especially since I don't have it all wired in yet and so cannot test anything.

I wonder what the 2000 harness is using the other 2 wires for?

I took a peek at the 2000 FSM. It looks like two of the wires in that connector are for the alternator?

Connector C108:
1) T40 16BR - Engine Starter Motor Relay Output
2) K72 18DG/OR - Generator Source
3) K20 18DG - Generator Field
4) C3 16DB/BK - Clutch Relay Output

Its the DarkBlue/Black-stripe wire that needs to go through to the compressor. The compressor coil gets its ground through the mount.

those wires do not correspond to my set up, no blue/black

i will have to test as i get everything hooked back up

Maybe a different connector? The wiring schematic made it look like C108 was the only connector between the relay and the compressor. Might be simplest to use a meter and probe at the relay socket to figure out which wire is for the compressor.

can you send a link to the schematic?

Back