• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cant decide.....zj steer or rugged ridge.

outlander

NAXJA Forum User
http://shoplive.rompalicious.com/crownheavydutysteeringupgrade9101xj9706tj-p-1946.html
First of all why wouldnt this fit my 89?Its only listed for 91 and up.....

Secondly,help me decide whether to go with the rugged ridge crossover setup or this.....price is pretty much the same.Are they equally as strong?Which one is better for a jeep that has 35's and 5.5" lift?
I've heard all about the tie rod roll that some people have with the rugged ridge kit.....doesnt worry me too much.

I have a V-8 GC drag link, not quite the same as the one on my '90.

IIRC, the stud for the damper points more toward the axle. That may be less of an issue with your lift, I'm only about 2.5" over stock.

BTW, I found a good one at the JY, it was a cheap experiment for me.

TRUST ME! do not run the RR setup if you drive this thing on the road. I ran it for about 1 month and I couldn't stand it anymore, so I swapped back in my original setup with a big daddy tie rod. MUCH better! The tie rod roll is unbearable and I could not get the damn steering wheel aligned properly. Go with the V8 steering or just an upgraded tie rod.

Find a right hand drive draglink and mount everything OTK.

I am running the RR system, and with 31"s i found the deadspot to be "Manageable" But now on 33"s, its just not worth keeping. the deadspot is terrible, and the steering is VERY loose. i would NOT suggest this kit to anyone.. for one, it will NOT work with stock wheels. you need more offset.

I will be going BACK to V8 zj Dragling and tie-rod. i am very dissapointed, and believe me, you can find many posts from me, supporting this system. but this time, everyone was right.

Back