• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Track Bar for 3" lift???

Big_Al

NAXJA Forum User
I have about 3" of lift on my 97 XJ and I'm in need of replacing the track bar. From my searches and reading it seems that I'm kinda in the middle of the stock and the 4"~6" track bars. If I order the Rough Country adjustable(4"~6"), any ideas on how close I'll be to center with only 3" of lift. I know now with the stock track bar in it's original mounting hole I'm about 1" off center. I have no plans to go higher on the lift.....Really, No higher....I mean it, No higher.....:laugh:Thanks, Al

Not sure on where that bar would put ya since your at 3" of lift, but I do know it will put you at the parts store about once a month or so. The RC track bar uses a failed system as the upper joint. It uses a tie rod end that will wear excessively and you will be replacing the TRE often if this is your DD. I am not bashing Rough Country as a company by any means, but even they at RC know it is a failed set up. I am very good friends with GRIMUS (Jason) who is the NAXJA RC source and he agrees about their TRE set up. I know that they are cheaper then most brands of adjustable TB's but I would encourage you to spend a little more and get something that your going to be happy with and not have to replace the end on fairly often. I switched from my RC TB to a T&T unit w/ brace and it has served me well. Once again, I am not bashing RC at all, just stating the facts of the particular item, being their track bar.

At 3", he'd be off about 1/2 to 3/4".

Cut a bit away from the area at the top edge of the track bar mount that will limit droop. Weld on a plate to the front of the track bar mount and move the hole over to the inside.

How I find the location is to disconnect the track bar at the axle, take the steering wheel and wiggle it back and forth a couple times. Get out and look at the tire/body relationship. If it looks true, mark that spot on the mount and drill your new holes.

I am running a stock track bar at 4.5" without issues. This would be XJ # 3 I've used this methode on.

-Ron

Relocate your stock track bar.

I have the 3 inch Rustys full leaf lift with his HD trackbar which is recommended for 4-6 inches of lift. But i have had no problems it fits well and is adjustable. Just make sure the HD mount is really bolt to the frame tightly.

good luck

KOR (Kevin's Off Road) all the way. Beefy, well made, adjustable, double shear 1/2" bolts, rubber bushings both ends,... need I say more.

It is money well spent.

KOR (Kevin's Off Road) all the way. Beefy, well made, adjustable, double shear 1/2" bolts, rubber bushings both ends,... need I say more.

It is money well spent.

Agree'd.
Additionally, at 3" many of the aftermarket track bars will have clearance issues with the front diff cover when flex'd out.
The KOR bar has the stock bends to clear the front diff cover at smaller lift heights.
I am running the KOR bar, (2.5" lift, 33's) and would reccommend it to anyone running a small lift.

Back