• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thanks NAXJA!

biztyke

NAXJA Forum User
I havent posted on here or even visited in a while, but when i got my 1990 XJ 4.0 i did a ton of research here and browsed the forums daily.

well, today on my way to work the engine died out on me without warning. i would crank it again to start, and no go. if i let it sit for a bit, it would run ok for a few minutes then sputter and die and would again not start. i remembered reading here that the crank position sensor is a likely culprit in that scenario, i didnt have my manual with me......but i did remember people saying that they needed 2 extensions and a universal joint to get to it.

because of that, i carry an extra extension just for that, and today i had to use it. what a tremendously hard place to get at! but, i did my side of the road mechanics, everything went ok and had it replaced within an hour. she runs great again!

so, again, thanks to everyone who contributes here. this place is a must for any XJ owner.

X2 I could not have said it better myself. One repair at a shop is more then a yearly membership is the way I view it.

x3 NAXJA is very helpful and you meet a lot of great people on here

This is for you Tyler! :kissyou:

Back