• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GITMO Detainees

JNickel101

NAXJA Forum User
I say we get them all on a plane. If an accident caused a plane crash its nobody's fault right?

two to the chest and one to the head

as combatants not wearing a uniform and actively engaging Uniformed troops they have no protected status under the convention and should be shot as spies.

Always was curious why they called that a "Failure Drill"....

Am I the only one that these FoxNews links aren't working for? All I get is the article title and byline - the body text doesn't load.

In keeping with my newfound touchy-feely side... I think these detainees should be released ASAP!

Since the civilized world is all worn out wringing their hands in despair over who will take these folks, I volunteer that they get repatriated to a friendly host nation...

Antarctica!

Herd em all into a few old 40' CONEX boxes, and LAPES their nasty asses off the ramp of a MC130.

If their home nations want the POS back, they can execute their own SAR mission.

Ugh! Too much niceness for one day... Makes me want to dance around the Maypole singing "Born Free"

I don't have a problem with gitmo, it's handy, to clean up our image we really just should open it to more people, like the guy who killed his wife and kids, or that other scumbag that killed his girlfriend and her 4 little ones, open it to them and their kind.

the concept of GITMO and somewhere like Alcatraz are great ideas...

I just want to plug my "island prison" idea again - be it Wake Island or Johnston Atoll, some tiny little island in the middle of the Pacific where we can just drop all of the scumbags of society and let them kill each other....and/or put lots of wild animals there who will also enjoy killing. No chance for escape, very little chance for survival...and best of all - CHEAP!

In keeping with my newfound touchy-feely side... I think these detainees should be released ASAP!

Since the civilized world is all worn out wringing their hands in despair over who will take these folks, I volunteer that they get repatriated to a friendly host nation...

Antarctica!

Herd em all into a few old 40' CONEX boxes, and LAPES their nasty asses off the ramp of a MC130.

If their home nations want the POS back, they can execute their own SAR mission.

Ugh! Too much niceness for one day... Makes me want to dance around the Maypole singing "Born Free"

Fine - but let's not sully Antarctica, because I happen to like the place!

France wants us to treat everyone nice, how about they get airlifted and dropped into Paris? Bonus points for impaling them on the Awful Tower from FL25!

FL250 you mean? FL25 would be a lot easier

Perhaps I slipped a gear, then. FL25 is 25,000 feet ASL, isn't it? FL250 would then be 250,000 feet, or some 47-1/3 miles above sea level (and starting to deal with very thin air! I want to hear them scream all the way down, y'know, not asphyxiate in transit...)

FL250 is 25000 feet. You add two zeros to the flight level. It is the same way you treat altitude levels on METARS and TAFs.

I was making a joke, there is no FL25, they start calling it Flight level at 18,000 feet because anything at that level or above is IFR controlled. Everyone sets their Altimeter at 29.92 and you are assigned levels from there.

Shooting from 25000 would make it much harder. Give me another year and I will have had all the classes I need to work the strike run out.

I actually would not mind just sticking them in general population in levenworth. It is not like they would survive for more than 6 weeks anyway.

FL250 is 25000 feet. You add two zeros to the flight level. It is the same way you treat altitude levels on METARS and TAFs.

I was making a joke, there is no FL25, they start calling it Flight level at 18,000 feet because anything at that level or above is IFR controlled. Everyone sets their Altimeter at 29.92 and you are assigned levels from there.

Shooting from 25000 would make it much harder. Give me another year and I will have had all the classes I need to work the strike run out.

I actually would not mind just sticking them in general population in levenworth. It is not like they would survive for more than 6 weeks anyway.

OK - so I slipped and dropped a zero. I wasn't too far off otherwise tho - I didn't think there was any FL below FL20 (FL200, then) anyhow.

GenPop at Ft. Leavenworth? Watch out - they may survive longer than you think. You can only kill a man once (usually, anyhow...) and most soldiers are critically aware of that. I quote Ron White:

"I am certain that, spiritually, Osama bin Laden is fully prepared to die for his cause. I am equally certain that Osama is ill-prepared to lick jelly out of ThunderD***'s butt crack for the rest of his life."

I feel fairly certain that most terrorists would be treated similarly if they were put into GenPop in the penal system - particularly if they were put into GenPop in a military detention facility...

OK - so I slipped and dropped a zero. I wasn't too far off otherwise tho - I didn't think there was any FL below FL20 (FL200, then) anyhow.

GenPop at Ft. Leavenworth? Watch out - they may survive longer than you think. You can only kill a man once (usually, anyhow...) and most soldiers are critically aware of that. I quote Ron White:

"I am certain that, spiritually, Osama bin Laden is fully prepared to die for his cause. I am equally certain that Osama is ill-prepared to lick jelly out of ThunderD***'s butt crack for the rest of his life."

I feel fairly certain that most terrorists would be treated similarly if they were put into GenPop in the penal system - particularly if they were put into GenPop in a military detention facility...

I like this. The thought of this pleases me greatly.

Back