• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stalling and rough idle...

YMMV

NAXJA Forum User
Recently I have had an idle concern. After an hour or so of wheeling, the vehicle will start to run rough and stall or run rough right after start-up. This has only happened twice to me. I noticed when this happened both times, I was on a slight decline(not sure if its related). The vehicle will usually smooth out on its own and run like nothing ever happened. Everytime this happens, I pull the same code for p0306-misfire on cylinder #6. I have already tried changing plugs and checking for any injector leaks. Any other ideas? I checked over some TSBs with no luck. TIA.

Just a thought ... check to see if your ignition wire is arcing. The wheeling might be jarring it enough that it is grounding to the block.

pec50 said:
Just a thought ... check to see if your ignition wire is arcing. The wheeling might be jarring it enough that it is grounding to the block.

No ignition wires. It has coil pack/strip on them.

Back