• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

gettin that oil pan off is a PITA

SeansXJ

NAXJA Forum User
this sucks! still struggling to get it off it wont budge!

rubber mallet aint doin a damn thing. trying a small putty knife as a last resort but there really isnt any room to get it anywhere but in the front drivers side.

yeah buddy i have read that thread a few times, gotta it on my favorites.

Take the small putty knife and slide it sideways. Use a small hammer if needed. Get to all the locations you can. At some point, you will be able to get one end, likely the front, loose enough to pull down and free.

For both my jeeps with stock LCA's, I find the pan comes out easier with the axles back up towards the engine. It makes sense when you realize that the axle drops back when it is lowered. This reduces the clearence between the axle and the bell housing, trapping the oil pan.

Good luck. I have had to "flatten" the mounting surfaces of the pan after removal to ensure a good fit upon installation. It can be a PITA, so if you even think you are going to remove it again, plan ahead on sealing selection. The new one piece gasgets work well.

OK!!! SO THE PAN IS OFF!!

now time to clean this nasty thing, sucks!

man its one thing after another! now i cannot beat the seal out of either cap. brass punch just wont do it!

thats whats this forum is for, dont read my post if ya don't like it.

BOO!

got it out!!

Back