• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

In cab winch control.

Motornoggin

NAXJA Forum User
I have been wanting one for a while, but could never find a spot I wanted to put it...until today. For some reason, this brilliant idea hit me, so I went with it.
My 89 Cherokee has later model front seats in it, and they have the seat belt buckle attached to them. I still had the OEM buckles attached to the floor too. No reason, they were just there. So, I pulled out the driver side buckle and went to work.

The victim.

Disassembled.

Bracket made and buckle modified.

This is how it's going together.

Assembled.

This is how it will look when installed.

I didn't install it yet, as it is not wired up, I need to repaint the switch plate, and I don't have the nuts to mount the switch. I like this idea because it is right I can reach it easily, yet swing it back out of the way.
I will be wiring up an on/off switch to put in a different location.

Nice job on the inovative thinking. I don't think I've ever seen anyone do that before.

very sweet. I like it

off-topic but do you have any pics of how you got the newer model front seats in yours?

I made some crappy brackets to attached the ZJ seats to the front studs. Just looking for ideas to make mine sturdier.

off-topic but do you have any pics of how you got the newer model front seats in yours?

I made some crappy brackets to attached the ZJ seats to the front studs. Just looking for ideas to make mine sturdier.
It was that way when I got it. Seemed kinda of weird, as the rest of it was all stock. Basically, the front mount from a later model had been welded in. You can kind of see it in this pic, it's the red part.

Thats a good idea, I like it! My winch control looks like this:

cabcontrol.jpg

It will be mounted in the lower dash panel. My winch is a 8000# WARN Belleview (circa 1973) and is cable controled.

Back