• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaf spring question

jeepfreak1020

NAXJA Forum User
So i have a 4.5" lift and 3.5" leafs in the rear with a inch block. They have saged and to a total of 3.5" now. So im going to replace them with some used ones till i get money to buy a 6.5" lift. Would it be ok to put a total of 5" in the back, and then have them settle to 4.5"? OR will that not work. I have a T-Case drop if that matters. Or should i just find some used 4.5" ones?

Are you running an extended shackle? That should put you around where you want to be, depending on the shackle length.

IMHO, a set of the shackle relocation brackets will get you back what you lost, and beef up the shackle mount. the added benefit of shackles being the right angle is a big bonus!
in other words, it will be money spent on a whorthwhile mod, instead of having to settle for used parts until funds allow.

martin

IMHO, a set of the shackle relocation brackets will get you back what you lost, and beef up the shackle mount. the added benefit of shackles being the right angle is a big bonus!
in other words, it will be money spent on a whorthwhile mod, instead of having to settle for used parts until funds allow.

martin

I never thought about that, and that will give me better flex as well. That gives me a inch bigger lift right? Can i use the stock shackle with that? If it is a inch bigger lift will it settle back down to 4.5" cause i dont want to be at 5.5 rear and 4.5 front.

when i did mine, i gained right @1" of lift in the rear. it worked out perfect with my other components to gain the 6.5" of lift i had with the front coils.
i would do it again to any xj i buy in the future, well worth the $$$ IMHO. makes the ride so much better, flexes better, and gives and additional 1" of lift. whats not to love?:yelclap:
here is the thread from the seller/manufacturer.
http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=956630&highlight=shackle+relocation

martin

If i redo my rear lift, are there stock blocks i need to put under the leaves? or do i just bolt the leafs straight to my axle? I havent done anything with leaves yet?

remove the block,install shackle relocation bracket and a lift shackle... problem solved,better ride and it will flex as well!

excellent idea, and worth every penny in my opinion. these are parts that you will use no matter what springs you have, so will stay there permanently. just be sure to remember to order less lift in your leaf spring afterwards. ie i have the re boomerang 1.5" lift shackles and the shackle relocation, thus i only needed 4" lift springs to get my 6.5" of lift. rides MUCH better.
the leafs will mount to the perches on the axle. you will see them under your blocks. the leaf spring should have a pin that will go into a hole in the perch to locate them correctly.
you may or may not need a degree shim though, which will go where the blocks are now. do the work then drive it to check for vibrations. if you have them, search for "degree shims" on here.

martin

excellent idea, and worth every penny in my opinion. these are parts that you will use no matter what springs you have, so will stay there permanently. just be sure to remember to order less lift in your leaf spring afterwards. ie i have the re boomerang 1.5" lift shackles and the shackle relocation, thus i only needed 4" lift springs to get my 6.5" of lift. rides MUCH better.
the leafs will mount to the perches on the axle. you will see them under your blocks. the leaf spring should have a pin that will go into a hole in the perch to locate them correctly.
you may or may not need a degree shim though, which will go where the blocks are now. do the work then drive it to check for vibrations. if you have them, search for "degree shims" on here.

martin

Maybe ill invest in some then. If im gona use them later and they are better ride and flex. Ive been looking at what to spend my money on, and i thing ive found it now. Ill look for some used 3" leaves with the shackle relocation and a .5" shackle. I should be able to fine them all for under $200. Or maybe ill just pull the blocks, put a inch shackle in, and the shackle relocation on.

With the shackle relocation box's i can adjust to get around 4.5" lift cant I?

Ok so question again. So till i get around to buying some shackle relocation box's, which i havent yet. If i add a leaf will it bring me back to my lift i want to be at? I was thinking about adding a left to get me back, or a bigger shackle. Then buy shackle relocation box's.

So should I,
A - Add a leaf and get my back to around 4.5" lift
B - Buy a bigger shackle and get my around 4.5" lift
C - Buy used 3.5" leafs from someone, and with my 2" block get me around 5.5" and leave it. Which ide be fine with
D - Make a Bastard pack

Right now im looking for something quick and cheap till I buy my shackle relocation box's .

Last edited:
Back