• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What tires?

chaywood

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys.
Pretty soon here I'll need to get some new tires. I'm just starting my research and scoping out Craigslist, but need some advice.
I have a 3" lift and have 31's right now. Charts say i could run 32's but would i need to trim anything to have them not rub? Should i look for some slightly used tires or buy new? What tires do you suggest? I'm mostly road driving right now while I build up my rig and find some more people to wheel with.

-Chase

Whether you will rub or not depends not only on tire and lift size, but also on bumpstop height and wheel backspace. If you want to have good articulation you will want to keep any added bumpstop height adjustment to a minimum and therefore will almost certainly end up trimming. Best approach is to put the tires on and flex the vehicle and see what mods will be required.

Personally I don't like the idea of buying used tires, especially sight unseen like off of ebay. I like knowing the tires I ride on at 70 MPH have never been abused such as being driven at too low or too high a pressure, but that's just me. I like AT's in preference over mud tires, but again that's me. I drive on icey midwestern roads and Utah slickrock. I'm not much into mudding.

Last edited:
i have about 3.5'' of lift with 32's and stock wheels it only rubs where the inside of the tire hits above the coil on front and the same area in the back at full stuff

Back