• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bushing Install

Are you looking for new bushings, or you have them already and are looking for help installing them? They're pretty easy to install, hit the old ones with penetrating oil and bang them out with a hammer and big socket or length of pipe. If the old one's are "shouldered", use a socket just smaller than the bushing hole and hit it with a hammer on opposite sides while tipping the socket at an angle so that it's on the inner edge of the bushing. Clean the spring eye out, spray some white lithium grease on the new bushings and slide them in.

I just ordered the new ones yesterday. I tried beating on them with an air hammer to loosen them up but it didn't do much. I just need is some one to press them out.

Hit 'em with PB Blaster a couple of times over about 12 hours. I'd be really surprised if you actually needed a press to get them out, they should come out with time spent under penetrating oil and a BFH and socket.

Back