• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help deciding on OME leaf springs

Timster

NAXJA Forum User
I'm about to purchase a set of Old Man Emu rear leaf springs. I can't decide whether to buy the medium springs or the heavy springs. I don't want to buy the heavy springs if they are going to be really stiff. I do tow a little bit hear and there but don't really haul alot every day. I guess i would like to know how much stiffer the heavy springs are than the medium springs. I love having a good ride. I already have the OME930 springs on the front and I instantly felt a difference when i put them on. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

The springs are meant for a good line when you follow their guidelines. You can always put the overload spring in with the medium pack if you're worried about towing. The springs are designed so that they're under 'tension' when there's no weight on them...so when the appropriate amount of weight is on they're soft. For example: When my Jeep gets below half a tank of gas, the OME springs get stiffer. When I'm fully loaded at trail weight and full tank, it rides the best. ;) If you want extra lift, add some shackles.

Ive had the heavyduty springs for about 2 yrs. Totally happy, not too stiff (I think) and with a 1.5 inch shackle they match RE 3.5 coils in front perfectly. I dont carry a ton of gear, and stock bumpers. Rides a touch firm, but I love em.

Thanks for the input. I think im gonna go with the medium's because i really don't tow much or haul anything heavy. I'm sure the mediums will be more than adequate for what i do.

Back