• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

worn crank?

1990JEEPXJ

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
so this is the third rear main ive replaced and none had made a significant difference in the oil leak
brickwall.gif
. and today i also replaced the valve cover gasket and the oil filter adapter o-rings and the oil pan gasket. the oil is still coming from behind the little inspection cover. and yes i cleaned the bottom of the engine the all that too. any ideas?

Any chance your CCV system is plugged and you are pressurizing the crankcase?

i blew the lines out with pressurized air when i had the valve cover off. but i guess its still a remote possibility

That little orifice at the rear of the valve cover is problematic, but if it blew clear should be Ok, I use a drill bit to clean it as regular maintenance. Is the vacuum tube to the intake clear? They clog frequently.

i will check all of the vacuum/vent lines tomorrow. is the seal still good once its started leaking or if i fix the possible pressure build up problem will it be fine?

i will check all of the vacuum/vent lines tomorrow. is the seal still good once its started leaking or if i fix the possible pressure build up problem will it be fine?

Should be fine once pressure is gone, if that is the problem.

I've used felpro with good results.

Back