• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pulls left after knuckle cut and rotate?

dgrigorenko

NAXJA Forum User
i did the knuckle cut and rotate on my d30, and ever since it pulls left... i cant figure it out at all.

Here is the new stuff i did with the C&R:

-new Dana/Spicer ball joints upper and lower
-all TRE's on the JCR one ton steering with HDPE spacers
-all new control arm bushings
-Boxing in passenger side UCA
-new hub assebly
-new front u-joints.

set alignment at 1/16 toe in, rotated tires, and camber check...
and it still does it... its not a hard pull, but enough to really get aggrivating, especially after putting work into getting my steering right. what would be the main causes for a directional pull? one more thing that i want to check again is my front axle/rear axle sqaureness... i did do a check with just a tape measure going from tube to tube, but i want to put it on jackstands and measure center to center for exactness. any aid would be awesome.

G

edit: random thought: i guess it might have done this before the C&R and i may have not noticed it with my positive 1* castor, which causes all of its own issues...

that mean your caster are off, mostly mean both side isnt same

This is according to an angle finder. Tire pressure is good, I will check axle square. I did not move any other bracketry

just an update... turns out my angle finder was fubar... so i got another one from lowes... it was jacked up right out of the box... so i am now in search of a quality tool.

You ought to check in to a caster/camber guage. Longacre makes a nice one the connects with a magnet to the hub face. Camber can be checked static, but caster requires you to turn the wheels both ways to check it. Pretty simple tool once you figure out how to use it. If you have any asphalt circle track buddies they may have one or know someone that does.

Back