• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

please help need to make a quick decision

cj11

NAXJA Forum User
:dunno:I have a 97 Xj 3 in lift front and rear trimmed sittin on 31 in m/t on crager soft 8 rims. I know i can fit a bigger tire and found a set of 33 bfg a/t for cheap. will they fit without any major problems I looked up different posts and got mixed reviews. Does anyone run a similar setup with 33 or 32 in tires. Pleaselet me know quick before they are sold thanks

Bump stops. I rub like crazy on the coil tower thingies, on 31's! I have stock bumpstops on front, and none at all in the back. I very rarely rub in the back, and never hit the fender on front, but I trimmed like hell. I would assume with the amount of bumpstop required to make 33s work, you would have a much less capable vehicle than you did with 31s. And I hate BFG ATs, they suck in the mud, and they don't last at all. My new tires produce thicker smoke than the BFGs too :D Yet, even with such abuse, i still have more than half tread left, and I have more miles on them than when the cords started to show on the BFGs.

I had 33's on 3in lift for a while. Its very stable, but you need to make sure you bump stop enough. I ripped off all of my bushwackers in one trip. I used 4 hockey pucks each side up front and a piece of 2x4 square to space the back stops

i dont get most people... they have the lift and they want to fill all that gap with the biggest tires that can fit... isnt the idea of a lift to get more articulation? and with more gap filled up you will in turn get less articulation? i seriously plan on going almost 5.5" lift on 31's... MAYBE 32's. but 32's are pushing it...

Articulation is overrated.

For the stuff we do, anyway, lower cog is where it's at.

I run 35's on 5", and wouldn't even consider goin' higher.

My opinion, of course.

Build yours the way you want.

Robert

cj11: you should be fine with at least 32s with 3" lift and trimming. im running 32" M/Ts with 2" of lift and trimming. as the other guys said though, make sure you bump stop enough, especially in the back cause otherwise youll end up eating up your thread and such when you overflex. as for bumpstops, im running a DPG spring plate in the rear and two hockey pucks up front

i dont get most people... they have the lift and they want to fill all that gap with the biggest tires that can fit... isnt the idea of a lift to get more articulation? and with more gap filled up you will in turn get less articulation? i seriously plan on going almost 5.5" lift on 31's... MAYBE 32's. but 32's are pushing it...

I can see that, but its also about gaining ground clearance. Running a smaller lift with bigger tires gets your diffs higher, without making the center of gravity that much higher. The larger the lift the higher the center of gravity, which an lead to an unstable jeep.

hah. good luck with that. I ran my 6" on 33's for a few months until I found the deal I was looking for on 35's and it was tippy as hell on the trails.

Looks like I will just hold out for the 32's It looked like a good deal on the 33's I just do not want to make headachs for my self thanks for the info. Any one selling some 32's let me know.

hah. good luck with that. I ran my 6" on 33's for a few months until I found the deal I was looking for on 35's and it was tippy as hell on the trails.

this guy i know has 33's on a 4.5" lift, all the while it looks good... his was real tippy too, im not even a 100% i'll go 5.5", if the TNT 3.5" 3 link wasnt the same price from 3.5 to 7.5" i wouldnt be so torn lol 2400 for that 3 link is NUTS, but you can run 32's with it, and im not really aggressive on trails, like i dont want to do the gate keeper in calico or anything, i just want whats best for my jeep and still rides smooth as fk, that and my baby jeep wants to be able to get past a rutted section i couldnt get past last time on a trail near my house lol

Back