• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will the t-case slip make noise after a t-drop?

miglia-spyder

NAXJA Forum User
My truck: 2000' XJ 4.0, 231, LPD30, CH8.25, 31" x 10.5"

I put a 4.5" RC lift on it... And the pinion angles are "Fine". I get this noise that sounds like it comes from the t-case, it only happens when i let off the gas and when i brake... It almost sounds like a bearing, maybe the output shaft bearing???? Or i was told by a couple other people that since the drive angle was increased, their is as much spline to mesh so it makes noise... Which doesnt make a whole lot of sense...

It does seems like it might be getting worse under braking... lasting a little longer than before. So im leaning towards the outputshaft bearing.

What do the fellas think?

Last edited:
with 4.5" lift, what have you done to correct your driveline(pinion) angles?transfercase drop, SYE

you say they arnt to bad, what does that mean? did you meausure.

do you have adjustable control arms or fixed control arms?

I have Adjustable LCA's and i did a T-case drop...

When i had it aligned, He said that the pinion angles looked good.

Also i forgot to mention that this noise happens even with the front D/S out.. so i know its from the t-case or rear somewhere...

Does it sound like a grinding noise sort of? I had this noise on my '99 with a 4.5", and it has never showed itself again after I put the SYE in.

If its, you need a SYE, not a t-case drop. You should get an SYE rather than a t-case drop anyways.

Does it sound like a grinding noise sort of? I had this noise on my '99 with a 4.5", and it has never showed itself again after I put the SYE in.

If its, you need a SYE, not a t-case drop. You should get an SYE rather than a t-case drop anyways.

I know, Im saving for the Drive shaft right now!

Its a wierd noise... it could be a grinding... but its more like a clunky spinning noise...

saving for a shaft? they're 20 bucks at the pick n pull!

Back