• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I Need to run longer shocks

jwtrapper

NAXJA Forum User
With out shocks on I ran our RTI ramp and my compressed length was 17" and my extended was 31". So I can get 14" of travel out of my front. So when looking for a shock I need say a 16 to 31" shock. I can limit strap the front so that it does not drop as far. I can also add some more bump stop to limit the up travel. My problem is I cant find a shock that short with any travel. I need to lower the shock mount on the front axle or raise the shock mount on the body. Right now I have T&J upper shock mounts and I like them but they shorten my shock length by at least an inch.

Any one have any ideas?

Bilstein 7100 have short body shocks they sell, and use the bilstein adaptor instead of the JKS style setup. With the short body shocks you can get the 12" 14" travel with less room. How high is your lift? I at 6.25 lift with 12" travel 5150s and im having to cut the lower shock mount and weld on a new mount to the lower control arm mount. I didnt have enough up travel.

The JKS or even the ones in the link suck. I ran the JKS's on the last jeep and had to change them up. I like the T&J ones 100x better but I'm thinking about going back to using the stud instead.

What is the bilstein adapter?

This is the Bilstein adaptor http://www.shockwarehouse.com/site/product.cfm?id=30577 I just got mine in the mail. Looks like it will save one inch up travel compared to the JKS adaptor I have now. Im a fool tho and ordered one up thought it was sold in a pair like the JKS, It is only for one shock lol! So if you order get 2.
After I get my 2nd one in I will be selling the JKS adaptor, nothing wrong with it at all, just that my shocks are too long to run it, If you have 10" shocks they would be good to add a lil more droop.

Back