• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any idea what this is?

Nickfast

NAXJA Forum User
I have a '90 4.0, and on the inner fender, driver's side, is a plastic nipple going through the fender.
There is nothing attached to either side, and the other side (outside the engine compartment), has a small (approx 1/16" hole.

Nick

Here's the little bugger.

Hereitis.jpg

Nope, mine is a '90, and that big bottle mostly visible in the bottom part of the pic is the washer bottle.
It's a nipple for something, I just don't know what.
The restriction on the other side is iteresting as well.
And, it's not a pee pee, it's a nipple...

Nick

Don't have on on my 88 either. I have no clue.

That has to be a nipple for a hose attachment. My drivers side fender (2000) houses the windshield washer reservoir. Maybe yours used to be in there too?

not on the OPs 90 it aint:twak:. only 97+ has the washer bottle in the fender

rear wiper sprayer. mine has the same thing but some one has mine hooked up so to spray the front window you push the botton to spray the rear . mine is a 90 also

The fender could have been replaced, and it might even fit, but that's not how the 97+ washers are plumbed, and the OP has already pointed out the washer bottle is under the hood. Also, you would see the fill neck and the hooks the bottle hangs on, were it a later fender/tank setup.

Back