• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DS question for "Oaky" Terry

cumorglas

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I LOVE your Driveshaft.

I have read every thread i could find on it. I do however have a few questions about it.

A) How did you attach the yokes? I can think of three or four good ways to do it but i suspect you thought of yet another way and yours obviously worked well.

B) yours is a solid piece not laminated? I have a fair bit of experience laminating masts out of wood, carbon , and combinations of both.

C) how did you coat it? my temptation would be to sheath it in epoxy/dynel for abrasion resistance and clear poly for UV

D) Yours appears to have taken some abrasive type abuse since then. how is it performing now?

troll or funniest post ever?

I hope so:D

Not a troll. And i know that Okie Terry is now OT, but as i want to know about his OAK Drive shaft i felt this was appropriate.

i am asking in forum instead of backchannel as I feel the answers would be instructive for any others who think this is cool idea.

I was merely posting an alternative. Get the look without the work.

screws.jpg

+
GG04.jpg

OT said:

Read that one start to finish awhile back and it has been rattling around in my head since. Re-read it tonight and found the answer to c but not the answer to the rest.

you make cryptic mention to liquid nails and yokes. and while there is detail on the pressure treating you leave out whether the peice is solid or laminated.

Back