• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE SR Adjustable Control Arms??

XJ 4-play

NAXJA Forum User
So I'm finally to the point of buying my lift. Gonna get what seams like a good deal from 4x4groupbuy. Hung up on a couple of things.

RE's Super-ride adjustable control arms - Anyone have these? Do they lock into whatever length or do they swivel. Benefits of two rubber bushings with the ability to swivel why would anyone get the SF????

Also who runs the 3.5 SR (or SF) with either the monotubes or ome shocks?
Is either one a better fit. Spring rates anyone?

Grateful for any and all input.

Last edited:
Perhaps I'll reprase.

Does anyone have or had the RE adjustable control arms.

The fact that they are adjustable leads me to believe they may add to some form of flex. Does the arm lock or remain free spinning.

The arms are designed for adj only.BTW: there is a BIG difference between SR's and SF's when it comes to extreme flex!

That's too bad I was hoping that the swivel may add the middle of the road flex between the two arms, anyways at least it leaves them open for going higher without getting new lower arms!

EXTREME!

Last edited:
The jam nut locks them in place once adjusted.If you have bushings at both ends,I would think you could replace the threaded end with a flex joint

Long arms just aren't for everyone I guess.

Since this was a question about control arms I must ask

Is there really that much of a difference in ride quality between the Flex and ride arms. It seems to me that the top bushing on the flex arm will be working twice as hard but ride quality would not diminish too much.

So I'm finally to the point of buying my lift. Gonna get what seams like a good deal from 4x4groupbuy. Hung up on a couple of things.

RE's Super-ride adjustable control arms - Anyone have these? Do they lock into whatever length or do they swivel. Benefits of two rubber bushings with the ability to swivel why would anyone get the SF????

Also who runs the 3.5 SR (or SF) with either the monotubes or ome shocks?
Is either one a better fit. Spring rates anyone?

Grateful for any and all input.

the arms dont swivel on the threads while in operation, the threads are for adjusting the length of the arms.

the SF joint on the SF arm allows for twiting at the bushing where the SR have 2 rubber bushings for comfort because they absorb the shock better then the SF arms.

other then the bushing used, control arm angle is what really determines ride quality. if you want a lift at 4.5+ and a good ride with short arms, you need control arm drop brackets.

i believe JKS makes articulating arms that twist.

Has anyone had the two different arms? Did you even notice any difference in harshness or longevity!

"Is there really that much of a difference in ride quality between the Flex and ride arms. It seems to me that the top bushing on the flex arm will be working twice as hard but ride quality would not diminish too much.""

Just a note on the RE lift kits right now... they ran out of rear leaf springs and ive been waiting for my superflex 4.5 inch lift for 3 weeks now. still no shipping confirmation, so expect to wait.

Back