• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bridgestone Dueler A/T P255/70R-15 Tires

burkemotorcross

NAXJA Forum User
Hello,

I am in the process of buying new tires for my 97 XJ 2wd. I currently have road hugger radial g/t tires on the jeep but would like to go to a more "all terrain" aggressive tread(mainly for looks). My jeep sees 95% asphalt with the occasional trip down a dirt road or through a field moving a trailer, and the beach. Also, i just bought a jet ski and will be launching it on some slick boat ramps.

Will the bridgestone dueler A/T work well or are they junk. any other tire reccomendations?

heres a link to the tire im considering:

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/fi...true&cf=false&rd=15&sw=false&rc=TSWINT&cs=255

Thanks in advance

Good tires. my buddy has and loves 'em. I nearly put 'em on on mine, but chose the Firestone Destination A/T instead, mainly due to the price difference and the fact that they are a higher rated on tirerack.com, esp. when it comes to road noise.

I also have the Firestone Destination A/T from TireRack. Quiet with good grip and nice price. Size 235/70.
You might want to look into a locker of some type, it's embarrassing getting stuck "on some slick boat ramps". I have a PowerTrax which is great with a manual trans and now Aussie has one for the Chry 8.25 if you don't have anti-lock brakes and a Dana 35.

I also have the Firestone Destination A/T from TireRack. Quiet with good grip and nice price. Size 235/70.
You might want to look into a locker of some type, it's embarrassing getting stuck "on some slick boat ramps". I have a PowerTrax which is great with a manual trans and now Aussie has one for the Chry 8.25 if you don't have anti-lock brakes and a Dana 35.

I have the chryco 8.25 linked to an AX-15 with no anti-lock brakes. so would you recommend the Powertrax for my application?

Any other feedback?

Thanks

I have the chryco 8.25 linked to an AX-15 with no anti-lock brakes. so would you recommend the Powertrax for my application?
Thanks
IMO, yes. My "PowerTrax No-Slip" has a softer take-up than the Aussie locker which I hope to install in our '89.
With a manual trans there is tire chirping when you want it, which keeps my wife entertained when she drives.
The avitar photo is the 2 w.d. in the snow at Yosemite last winter.

I have 31" Dueler AT Revo's and they are great. I barley even needed 4wd in the snow, but that probably doesn't mean much to you.

Back