• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bed liner?

4x4xj okc

NAXJA Forum User
i pulled my carpet and coverd the floor in bed liner. ever since i did it when i get on the highway for over about 10-15 min you start smelling burnt rubber.... it gets so bad that you got 2 roll the window down or you will get a headach.... i noticed my tranny tunnel is getting kinda hot but i dont know if that has anything 2 do with it... it has been doing this for months i keep thinking that i just needs time 2 dry but it has been a while so thats not it... any ideas? has anybody else had this problem....:piratefla

The hot spot on the floor is behind the front pass seat, right above the muffler. If it's too bad, you could try a heat shield between the muffler and the floor.

I used Dupli-Kote and yes, it takes a while and a few miles before the smell will go away. It has to off-gas a TON.

Back