• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Odd? Louder knocking noise after good oil change

studmuffin

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,

Well this is a bit odd, My PO did not change the oil too often so i decided to do a really good one. first i flushed the motor with motor flush, then i added five quarts of 10w40 and one bottle of lucas Synthetic, But what i find odd is that i use to have a knocking noise before but now i have a louder one after this change at idle,
was this too good of an oil change or Wat? lol
any info would help

Noises are the most difficult issue to quantify. It sounds like you did everything right. If I were you, I think I would chalk it up to my imagination (assuming you don't have a decible meter). One possibility is to swap out the filter again, just to eliminate the possiblity of oil filter blockage, but that's pretty unlikely.

Noises are the most difficult issue to quantify. It sounds like you did everything right. If I were you, I think I would chalk it up to my imagination (assuming you don't have a decible meter). One possibility is to swap out the filter again, just to eliminate the possiblity of oil filter blockage, but that's pretty unlikely.
hmm well its worth a try, ill do that this weekend, but i dont think i will engine flush again from what i heard it creates mostly problems.

Back