• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The nerve of some people!

Oatmeal

NAXJA Forum User
Friday I went to Walmart to buy oil for my Toyota and Jeep (they have the best prices on Mobil 1), I changed oil in my Toyota as I was going up to Big Bear the next morning (what a day that turned out to be! Oh yeah, good seeing you Matt, I can't believe you're selling your "Jungle Jim" XJ!) Anyway, so today I start changing the oil on the Jeep and pour one quart in then, I go to open the five quart jug only to find that it's full of used motor oil!........Some jerk changed oil, refilled the empty jug with his/her old oil and brought it back to Walmart for a refund and it ended up back on the shelf which was then purchased by me! Boy was I pissed! To top it off I couldn't find the reciept! So, I head back to Walmart ready for a fight but, they were really cool about it. Get this, I'm at the customer service counter and they get on the phone to the automotive department and the clerk says: "we got another one" I couldn't believe someone would pull a stunt like that (takes balls) and Walmart falling for it twice! Oh well, all is well. Check the containers to make sure the seal isnt broken when you buy oil.....I will from now on!---------Hans

I got a container of coolant like that once. IIRC I picked it up @ Kragen and they were really cool about it and swapped it out with no questions asked.

X2 on it's the people not the stores.
I like autozone. My local store has two jeepers there who are very helpful and friendly. And the two other guys I deal with go out of their way to help me out with the things I go in there for. I've been at places where the customer service sucks and I won't shop at that store but I don't blame it on the chain. Ron (my co-worker) just had some A holes working at his local store.

Its not the stores, the product is the same no matter where you buy it, just a different price.

People will find anyways to rip another person/company off.

Glad you were able to exchange it though.

Walmarts pretty good about exchanging things.

I was in walmart last night looking for a pair of new work boots. I don't care for the Survivor boots with the "Goodyear" or whatever tread on the bottom cause its too much like hard foam rather than rubber and wears quicker, so I was looking at this other pair with a better rubber sole. I pull the box down (the only size 13 they had) and come to find OLD ratty boots in the box where someone had put them on and walked out.

I was pissed cause not only did I not get boots, some a-hole once again got away with getting something for nothing.

We should really up the death penalty and weed out some of these bad seeds who live on others. I know it's just boots, but if they steal boots they'll steal most anything.

/rant

Had that happen with a brake rotor from Autozone. Guy grabs the part from the back, we open it up and found an old, used rotor.

The problem is not only the dumb asses that try to pull this crap BUT the dumb asses behind the counter for not checking the return. If they took the extra 10 seconds to open the box, they would save a lot of hassle/money for everyone.

Reminds of a dude I know...

He buys this real nice synthetic oil in 5 gallon buckets. Some co-workers of his wife stopped by to change the oil on her minivan, and dumped the old oil into a practically fresh 5 gallon bucket of his nice synthetic...

Wal-mart will take anything back.

They should get into the mail order bride business!
Holy crap RIck... now that thar was fawkin funny!
I never by wallfart. Half of its import from cheap labor countries. I stick with my local NAPA. First off they kiss my ass. secondly, they kiss my ass. And most importanly, I typing this while drunk. But they kiss my ass.

Back