• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear end not level.

jonzer12

NAXJA Forum User
I just installed a RC 3" lift will new full leaf packs in the rear.
It has been installed for a week but I have been out of town and it has only been driven about 1 mile.

The drivers side in the rear sits 3/4 lower that the passenger side.
It this normal/common. Should they even out with time or should I be looking for a way to address this?

I had a similar issue on my 4.5 RC full spring lift. I swapped the springs left and right and for some reason it took care of the lean. It did not transfer to the other side. How it took care of it I do not know, but I tried that being it was only 6 months old and I did not want to wait for a replacement.

try slightly loosening the bolts push up and down on the rear end and re tighten. i had that problem it was due to one spring being over tightened while it was in the air...

I agree w/ DesertRunner, often people over tighten the shackle bolt when installing the rear leafs. You want the bolt to be a bit loose as you set the rig back on the ground and have the vehicles weight on it. Once the weight is on it, then tighten the shackle bolts the rest of the way. That will keep it from binding up.

Thanks for the tip, I will losen it up and re torque it down with it sitting on the tires.
I did only snug it up tho at first and then went for a ride and drove over a few curbs before I put it in back in the driveway and broke out the torque wrench.

Thanks for the tip, I will losen it up and re torque it down with it sitting on the tires.
I did only snug it up tho at first and then went for a ride and drove over a few curbs before I put it in back in the driveway and broke out the torque wrench.

What are the torque values for those bolts?

I loosened both rear lower shackle bolts with the jeep on the ground, bounced it around and then retorqued to 65 ft-pounds. (My hayes manual sais 109, everywhere on the web says 65). There is now only a 1/4 inch difference which I can live with. Thanks

Back