• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What to make out of a 2'x3'x1/8"inch aluminum

Ritter4.0

NAXJA Forum User
what all is there to make out of the size aluminum in the title using a sawzall and a drill.

I just need some ideas.

If I had an aluminum plate that big, I'd bolt it down atop one of my workbenches for a more solid working surface. I've already got a "beater block" (3/4" thick steel, drilled and tapped in various patterns for quick rigid tool attachment,) but sometimes I do want something a bit sturdier than 3/4" plywood to work on...

I would sell it to a recycler...

My dad has some 1/4" aluminum almost that size. If I were able to take all the aluminum he has saved, and sell it to a recycler I could probably buy a new set of tires. But, I doubt he would let me do that and I would rather use the stuff to make "lightweight" things for my jeep

Would 1/8" be thick enough to make rear quarter guards out of, or just a waste of time?

If you got up against a rock with aluminum you would gouge the crap out of it. It also tends to get rough when you scrape it (as a skid plate that is).

1/8" Is pretty thin, especially aluminum. Maybe you could make some faux rocker guards? Or put it under your carpet for heat and sound deadening? I dunno I would do like the others said and use it as a workbench top.

new floor pans b/c ya know your gonna have rust somewhere....

too bad you dont have a few pieces of it, you could make a cargo area floor that would clean up really easy.

maybe make a helmet to reflect the satellites that the government uses to scan and alter your brain waves...

Back