• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock '89 XJ D30 Question

8T9XJ2DR

NAXJA Forum User
Need some input as i'm horribly unfarmiliar with differentials - changing all the fluids on my completely stock '89 Jeep Cherokee 4.0L 5 Spd. I have to turn the rear wheels(if both spin the same way it's trac-lok) to see if I need friction modifier for the rear(D35). Do I need to do the same for the front D30? I've searched and searched and can't seem to find it with my limited knowledge in this area. From what simple understanding I have my assumption is they couldn't be optioned with trac-lok on the front. Thank you for your help.

Need some input as i'm horribly unfarmiliar with differentials - changing all the fluids on my completely stock '89 Jeep Cherokee 4.0L 5 Spd. I have to turn the rear wheels(if both spin the same way it's trac-lok) to see if I need friction modifier for the rear(D35). Do I need to do the same for the front D30? I've searched and searched and can't seem to find it with my limited knowledge in this area. From what simple understanding I have my assumption is they couldn't be optioned with trac-lok on the front. Thank you for your help.

No LSD in any D30 from the factory.

Amsoil severegear ftw! With this you wouldnt need an additive if you had an LSD.

Back