• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

best paint for coils?

SeansXJ

NAXJA Forum User
i need to paint a set of RE coils i just got, the previous owner painted half of the coils flat black and there is some minor surface rust where they rubbed. i searched but could'nt find anything on painting them. maybe silicone paint?

thanks for the help in advance!
Sean

well yeah i figured the powerdercoat, im a cheap bastard though. thats going to run almost 100 bux to do that. any cheap ways to get them painted?

Rustoleum 7786 Smoke Gray is identical to the RE color.
The coil near the camera has been repainted, the far coil is the original(scratched and rusty) RE color.

IMG_0210.JPG

Ronbo- Is that your Shock in the center of your coil? More info please.

Those are Prothane bumpstops mentioned in the Jeepspeed forum here. I rebuilt the front suspension and decided to try them. They have since been trimmed to fit my lift. The shocks just hadn't been installed when the picture was taken.

here they are finished, i used Rust-oleum hammered #7213 silver. not a good picture with the camera phone but you get the idea.

0513091011.jpg

Last edited:
i like how they turned out, just curious how it will hold up to me beating on them.

the guy i got them from primered half the coils(what he could see) so i just finished the job and hit them with the rust-oleum. thats a good question, i would think its a PITA to get it off though.

Back