• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Camping ammenities and local services

Avanteone

NAXJA Forum User
Figured I'd throw out some more help to those who haven't been to Naches before.

The area we are camping in is "dry camping". No water, power, etc. There are vault toilets (think glorified honey buckets).

There is a river nearby for water if needed. Depending on the weather and how hot it is, it can be fun to swim/splash/bathe in as well.

Whistlin' Jacks is the nearest store. I believe it's 5-7 miles away from the campground. It is basically a gas station with mini-mart type store attached. There IS also a full restaurant if anybody is interested. They have a pretty decent selection of food items, do normal mini-mart type hot food - corn dogs, chicken strips, etc. The gas is a little spendy but they are the closest place to buy anything and definitely worth supporting.

J

This is all really good stuff to keep in mind. Also if your rig doesn't have doors, windows, etc, bring goggles and a handkerchief. The dust over there is horrible on the roads and in camp so be ready.

-Alex

is this the Crow Creek camp ground? I stayed at that one last year on a Nachese trip and it sounds familiar.

I found John's directions last year helpful in finding camp. Once you get to Little Naches Rd it's pretty straight forward.

Avanteone said:
[Starting from Little Naches Rd] go past the Kaner Flats campground about .5 mile. You'll see a left turn over a large concrete bridge going over the river. Take that left, go up approx. .25 miles, as the road turns to the left and goes from paved to gravel, there's a SHARP left turn into the camping area. Follow it in a couple hundred yards, the road will wind down a little ways and then open up into a large open field where the road splits and goes down both sides. We'll be camped in that general area, you won't be able to miss us.

Back