• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

factory fog light ID left or right

dogsled1

NAXJA Forum User
I have a set of '99 fog lights that I picked up, but one is broken. The lights were removed from the brackets when I got them. I konw there is a left and right, but I am not sure which one I need.

I can't find any part numbers on them, except for one number on the abs housing and it is no help as it is the same on both lights, but they are different. Looking at them from the top down (where the mounting bracket is) the lens is thicker on the left on the broken one, on the right on the good one.

A search didn't help much either.

The stock fog lamps are worthless. However, if you look at into the glass, there are markings molded into it. Look for an Oval shape with a letter next to it, near the bottom edge. It will be on the right side with an R next to it for the pass side lamp, and on the left with an L for the other side.

Back