• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New NAXJA 89 4.0 5speed 4x4 4 door.

Grimm_DTA

NAXJA Forum User
Hello my name is nick and i just got my xj i have been wanting one for a long time but do to the sh**y economy lost job and had to use my xj savings to pay bills but i found a ok one for only 650 bucks and it didnt have a lot wrong with it, when i test drove it, it had lots of power and only 150k on it 4x4 worked good no sounds clutch was stiff breaks seemed good no bad leaks that i seen. so after getting it home and drove it for a lil bit found it had kinda bad blow-by in the filter, found that the bottom half of the filter box is warped so the filter didnt seat good, the drum breaks started squeaking so opened them up to change them and found the right side spring broke and has ground the drum BAD. leaks a lil oil not really bad just looks like the valve cover gasket, and the clutch hydro line is leaking o and paint gone but that seams like all older xjs. o and the tilt steering is broke so it moves up and down a lil but dont seam all that bad for 650. i have been on here for about a year reading and lookin at all you have done to ur xjs and cant wate to start modding mine. so far all i have done is h4 head lighs. lookin n to a oil catch can and a cold air intake to replace the warped intake box till i can get a snorkle and new air box 1st and much much more down the road. well here is my jeep.
DSCF1146-1.jpg

DSCF1150-1.jpg

Back