• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hood spacer pictures

vortex

NAXJA Forum User
Made my own spacers yesterday out of some 3/4" aluminum pipe cut to 1" lengths and then slid the shank of the bolt through the hole.

Cost of bolts- 80 cents
Cost of pipe- $1.50
Time- 25 minutes

SANY1488.jpg

SANY1489.jpg

SANY1490.jpg

SANY1492.jpg

SANY1494.jpg

SANY1493.jpg

-PJ-

What does this mod do for you?

lets hot air escape from the engine bay, works great, I did the same.

I think you can just buy the spacers at any hardware store correct??
Just so I know, what size bolts are they? I don't want to get my hands dirty and go find out...:moon:

Did this also a while ago. A little bit of air escapes, but not as much as I wish. Still it's a cheap fix, just makes it look like it was in an accident though...

Is this mod ok if you get alot of rain and snow in your area? Will it be ok to have watter running into the engine?

i live in british columbia canada where it rains majority of the year and snows a fair bit at times i also have lebaron hood vents and ive yet to have any problems

Did this also a while ago. A little bit of air escapes, but not as much as I wish. Still it's a cheap fix, just makes it look like it was in an accident though...

try wiring your Aux fan to a switch and turn it on...it pushes out alot of air...and like i said above thats with hood vents

Back