• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OME Leaf Sagging

Markos

NAXJA Forum User
After about 1.5 years, my Old Man Emu leaf is sagging on one side. It's only a half inch, but it's definitely noticeable. The drivers side measures 19.5" from wheel hub to fender flare. The passenger side measures 19".

So what are my options? Do nothing/ Wait for the driver's side to sag? My leaf spring bushings are fairly shot already, so that may have something to do with it.

Do you have the light, medium or heavy duty packs? What shackles?

I'm running JC1B's. This is generally considered the soft 2" leaf. I'm also running factory shackles. If each side sagged equally, i'd be fine. Maybe if I swap sides they will even out.

OME bushings failed early too? I thought it was only a Rusty's thing!

My rear is sagging probably 2" due to not really having any bushings whatso ever.....besides the nice Poly bushings that my TNT boomerang shackles have...they are still perfect! Zip on the 4 leaf bushings though.

OME bushings failed early too? I thought it was only a Rusty's thing!

My rear is sagging probably 2" due to not really having any bushings whatso ever.....besides the nice Poly bushings that my TNT boomerang shackles have...they are still perfect! Zip on the 4 leaf bushings though.

I was running omix ada "OEM" bushings. These bushings were a major PITA. The bolt hole is too big for the bolt, causing a lot of slop. They were also extremely difficult to install (I had an offroad shop install the bushings).

I plan on replacing the bushings when I swap the springs out. If OME makes bushings, I'll get them. I am not looking forward to removing the old bushings at all. It will probably require the recipricating saw.

The OME leafs don't come with bushings?

I just bought a set of RE bushings for my Rusty's leafs. Not looking forward to the replacement either.

Believe it or not they don't. I'm guessing that Dirk pre-installs them for his kits. I picked up my leafs from a local shop, and brought in the crappy bushings that I purchased. Lesson learned.

I thought for sure OME would have bushings. Like the Jeep OEM ones. My OEM bushings lasted about 180,000 miles and 12 years. Rusty's bushings about 6 months....what the fub?

Their control arm bushings don't look much better. Sleeves starting to seperate from the collars after about 8 months of usage. Only 2 bushings though, not all 6 luckily.

I live just around the corner from the factory, and my niece works there at ARB, and no, they do not make bushes for the XJ. They do for other models but say they cannot get bushing as good as those OEM to give the comfort and durability.

I live just around the corner from the factory, and my niece works there at ARB, and no, they do not make bushes for the XJ. They do for other models but say they cannot get bushing as good as those OEM to give the comfort and durability.

Hi Marcus:

Can you recommend any bushings for the OME leaves? I'm not opposed to poly bushings, but I am looking for a smooth ride. So far I've been a bit disappointed with the clunking and squeeks comming from my lift. I'm sure I could use an overall bushing upgrade on the entire jeep. I didn't really notice it in Phoenix since the roads are so smooth. The roads are very bumpy in the Seattle area.

switch the leafs and make sure you torque your u-bolts right! I bought the bushings i used on my leafs from quadratec or something, cheapest i could find too.

Maybe they meant they were an OEM size bushing. RE Bushings are like $70 for a set of 4. Dealership was $50 each when I called them. RE seems pretty good, never heard anybody complain about their bushing quality.

Back