• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are your favorite wipers for the XJ?

Mine came with the single blade type, and they've lasted a long time. I've had the Jeep 9 months, and they streak a little. With the usual cheap wipers, I've found that they don't last more than a couple months.

I liked the newfangled ones so much I bought the Bosch Icons for my Miata, bought some for my dad, and will probably buy them every time from now on.

Difference between Icon and Evolution http://www.amazon.com/Icon-vs-Evolu...I2IK5JESU6AK/1?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B0016ZNWLM

Silblade! I have had them on my rig for almost 2 years and they still perform like new! They are the "beam blade" type. I think they're called Silblade 2. I worked at a parts store and got them at a decent price or else they are normally 25-30 bucks each. I have used them MANY times with my windshield covered in thick sandy mud and I use my rig in the snowy salty winters. They are pricey but certainly hold up very well.

Oh, found the name - they are flexblades by silblade .... http://www.silblade.com/products/product_detail.cfm?ID=2

I was impressed by Bosch Icons, although on the XJ I use the cheapest kind I can find.

the arizona sun kills wiper blades quite fast for me so i use the cheapest ones that i can and replace them every three months. and i use a rain x washer fluid

the arizona sun kills wiper blades quite fast for me so i use the cheapest ones that i can and replace them every three months. and i use a rain x washer fluid
I used the Rainx washer fluid once and didn't care for it. Left a pretty noticeable residue where ran off of the windshield. Now in all fairness that was on my DD and probably wouldn't be as big of a deal on the XJ.

The mud around here is pretty hard clay, and destroys blades very quickly. I use the $2.66 "Original Fit" special. Otherwise, I would say silblades ftw.

I need to find blades and fluid that can get rid of bug guts. I live next to the Susquehanna River in PA and am often following it for a few hours drive north and south. Today was horrible. At first I thought it was raining but here I was driving through huge swarms of bugs. They sounded like rain as they hit the jeep too, but when I turned on the wiper blades it smeared everything yellow. I drove through quite a few swarms like that in probably an hour. So far nothing really works that I've tried except some stuff I got from Walmart that is like a wet scrub for the windows. But that doesnt help while driving.

I need to find blades and fluid that can get rid of bug guts. I live next to the Susquehanna River in PA and am often following it for a few hours drive north and south. Today was horrible. At first I thought it was raining but here I was driving through huge swarms of bugs. They sounded like rain as they hit the jeep too, but when I turned on the wiper blades it smeared everything yellow. I drove through quite a few swarms like that in probably an hour. So far nothing really works that I've tried except some stuff I got from Walmart that is like a wet scrub for the windows. But that doesnt help while driving.

have you tried rain-x? it helps water bead up and roll off the windshield while driving. if it helps keep water from "sticking" then why would it not work for bug guts. some people also claim that the bug deflector things on the hoods help out. dunno, as all the vehicles i have owned all had them on them when i bought them.

I can't find the contored Xj bug deflector except for in the yards and they're always cracked. I run Rain-X and have the bug kind in it right now. The guts dry out in a second and after that they need scrubbed off. I've tried a few different brands of wiper fluid that claimed they get rid of bug guts but I haven't found one that works on Mayflies and the other PA river bugs.

Any of you guys have a Sams Club membership? I recently saw they were carrying Goodyer wipers (like the new Ford's and such use with the one piece assembly or whatever) for $7 each. Damn good deal!

But I just watched the Triple Edge ad and there's an XJ in the commercial..

Silblade! I have had them on my rig for almost 2 years and they still perform like new! They are the "beam blade" type. I think they're called Silblade 2.

x2 I've had my XJ since 2001 and only changed the wipers once when it was new to me to silblades and just recently. Best wiper I have used.

This went to 2 pages in modified tech? WTF?

I love the new Bosh blades, I've been putting them on the whole fleet

Back