• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vacuum BOTTLE ?

papampi

NAXJA Forum User
I read some where about a vacuum bottle ! and as long as I have problems with my cruise control sys, i want to know is a 91 xj have vacuume bottle ? and where it is ? any one have vacuum diagrams for 91 xj ! i have a Haynes repair manual but it doesnt have the vacuum diags ????
so please some one help !

I do not know for sure about a '91 but on my '96 the vacuum tank was on the passenger's side behind the front bumper. If you follow back the line coming from the cruise control on top of the engine it should go to a big vacuum actuator, from there it splits to the vaccum tank towards the front and the rest of the system towards the back. Good luck!

Also, on mine a cracked vacuum line was causing the A/C system to not work properly...

papampi said:
I read some where about a vacuum bottle ! and as long as I have problems with my cruise control sys, i want to know is a 91 xj have vacuume bottle ? and where it is ? any one have vacuum diagrams for 91 xj ! i have a Haynes repair manual but it doesnt have the vacuum diags ????
so please some one help !
ok i foound it on passenger side in behind the bumper ! but it has no vacuum line connected to it ! any one knows where i should connect it to ?
any one has diagrams or photoes ?

dbarale said:
I do not know for sure about a '91 but on my '96 the vacuum tank was on the passenger's side behind the front bumper. If you follow back the line coming from the cruise control on top of the engine it should go to a big vacuum actuator, from there it splits to the vaccum tank towards the front and the rest of the system towards the back. Good luck!

Also, on mine a cracked vacuum line was causing the A/C system to not work properly...

thaks for reply ! as i said i foound it ! but no vac line is conected to it ! do you have any diagrams or pics ? where should i conect it to ?
thanks

You will have three lines coming to it. One is for the heater control. one is from the sensor that looks like an electrical resistor near the firewall pass side and the last comes from the drivers side near the TB. PM 5-90 for photos and more help.

papami,

Go read the thread "Vacuum bottle setup, PLEASE RESPOND!"

You'll find more info there.

Back