• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Removable door setup

I have done it, many others have also. Have you tried a search? Not trying to be a prick, but this comes up every week or so in the summer and has been covered exstensivly. Basiclly, cut bottom of hinge, drive out pin, remove door, replace pin, door is now removable.

Rev

I have mine off and it rocks!! you just cut the bottom lip off both top and bottom hinges. And pound the pin out, hardest part. there is a web site on it but I dont have it, someone else will though! Last night I ripped (cut) out my carpet so I wouldnt have to worry about gettin it wet. HAVE FUN!!

Chris

xj-tube-4dr-01.jpg

this what I found over at carolina rock shop. I checked the price back in the spring. I think it was something like 285 shipped. But don't quote me on that. Juice

doorless1.jpeg

doorjamb2.jpeg

Red arrow is where I cut the hinge. Red circle is a bolt that I use to keep the door catch functional. I moved the speakers to the liftgate so no wires go into the doors at all now. Under the dash is a wire harness that you can disconnect that will disable the dome light and door buzzer. It's right behind the button that controls those functions.

Back