• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hood spacer question

vortex

NAXJA Forum User
So i would like to run my jeep a little cooler and not spend much money.

Here in the northwest in the summer i see everyone running spacers in the rear of their hoods.

My question is:

If it were to rain HARD, (as I do live in Washington), would all the components near the rear of the hood get soaked and what are some of the cons to doing this?

thanks'

-PJ-

On the 01 the hood needed an offset adaptor to raise the back of the hood. Not Just longer bolts and flat washer like many SUVs can use. The hood latch gets a little picky when raised but a little adjustment fixed MOST of that.
I have been doing it for 4 or 5 years now in the summer. I lower it for cooler parts of the year, Makes snow removing a bit easer with it down.
I many not lower engine temp. But should low engine bay temp and save your belts, hoses, alt ECU etc.

That is the poor man's hood vent. I'll be hitting the j/y later today for some factory shims; cheap, easy and effective.

Back